A recent study found that close to 200 million Americans have lost at least one tooth, and 40 million Americans don’t have any of their natural teeth. Losing a tooth can be embarrassing as well as affect the way you chew and speak. Replacing a missing tooth with an implant is a great way to get back the smile and function that you are missing. It will elevate your lifestyle and increase your confidence!
At Dentistry at University, our highly skilled dentist, Dr. Raghav Sundaresh, provides a full range of cosmetic and general dental services in a warm and welcoming environment. When it comes to replacing missing teeth, he believes dental implants are the best option. In this blog they explain why.
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is a treatment that is used to replace a missing tooth. A dental implant is a surgical replacement of tooth root that is inserted into the jawbone which fuses with the bone over a few months. It provides a strong foundation for a fixed crown or removable dentures that are made in the laboratory to match your natural teeth.
Why replace a lost tooth?
Whether from trauma, bone loss due to gum disease, or tooth decay, a lost tooth leaves a gap in your mouth that can affect how you chew and speak. In addition, the empty space in your mouth can cause your other teeth to move into that space and also cause further bone loss in that area due to the lack of stimulation.
What are the advantages of dental implants?
There are many advantages to dental implants:
- Dental implants improve appearance because it looks and feels exactly like a natural tooth.
- Dental implants prevents further bone loss in the area. A dental implant acts just as a natural tooth and provides stimulation to your jawbone and therefore prevents further bone loss in that area
- Poor-fitting dentures cause you to mumble or slur your words but dental implants improve speech and allow you to speak without the worry.
- Implants eradicate the discomfort of removable dentures.
- It makes eating easier because dental implants function like your own teeth, letting you eat your favourite foods with confidence and without any discomfort.
- Dental implants improve self-esteem by giving back your smile and help you feel more beautiful.
- Dental implants improve oral health Because nearby teeth are not used to support the implant, more of your teeth are left undamaged, improving long-term oral health.
- If you are looking for an option which should last for many years or maybe for a lifetime with good care, then a dental implant is the best option for you.
- Dental implants are free of all the embarrassing inconveniences of removing dentures or using messy glues because this is next to a natural tooth.
- Dental implants can be secure dentures and partial dentures in place so they don’t move and this will extend the life of the these appliances.
But why should you choose Fourth Ward Dentistry?
Dentistry at University is fully equipped with the modern technologies and diagnostic tools which play a crucial role in patients care throughout the procedure.
The guided surgery of implants is planned on the computer using the latest technology which is a vital part of clinical dentistry. CBCT(cone beam computed tomography) in guided implant surgery operates multiplanar and 3D pictures to assist the surgeons in deciding the exact height, width and alveolar ridge anatomy of the alveolar bone, along with the association of the edentulous sites with adjacent anatomical structures.
The guided implant surgery at Dentistry at University is a highly accurate method of implant placement the eliminates almost all possible risk by predetermining the ideal position and exact depth and angle of the implant. So what are waiting for??
If you have a missing tooth and are looking for good options to replace it then book an appointment online with the best dental surgeon in town or call us at 704-706-9030.